David Chiu: The development of poker in China needs to be regulated It is not recommended that young people take the car

Bookmaker

David Chiu: The development of poker in China needs to be regulated It is not recommended that young people take the car

Post by Bookmaker »

The 2012 China (Sanya) Poker Tournament, jointly organized by Lianzhong and Sanya Culture, Radio, Television, Publishing and Sports Bureau, was held from December 14 to 17 at MGM Sanya, an international tourist island in Hainan. "King of Poker" David ChIU, as the ambassador of this tournament, personally participated in the competition.

In an interview with reporters during the tournament, David Chiu was very modest and friendly, as the image ambassador of WPT, David Chiu expressed his views on the development of competitive poker in China, he said: "First of all, we must standardize, let the Chinese people understand the playing style of poker international rules, and feel its connotation and depth; secondly, I will do my best to promote competitive poker to the Chinese people through the platform of Lianzhong, so that more people can join it." ”

In the Day1A competition, David Chiu was eliminated after only one hour of competition, and after the game he said that this was the first time he had been eliminated so quickly since the competition, and he also concluded in his Weibo: "Today's friend at the same table No. 9 played very well, the hidden card power was in place, and he was blinded." Median raise, No. 9 and then raise, my little blind KK hits 85% Pot, median plus 4,000, No. 9 paper is flat heel, I also heel. Flop J-8-2, I passed, median passed, No. 9 played 8,500, I tied and the median folded. Turn 7, I All-in8 thousand more, he called. Cups! He AA, I KK. The last AK was eliminated for the A5. Good luck to those who are still here! ”

David Chiu believes that the golden age of being a professional player is 25 to 32 years old, he feels: "Young people are more impulsive, but they are too young and inexperienced, and I feel that this age is the best age to play cards." ”

Commenting on the tournament's two old rivals, Johnny Chen and Phill, David Chiu said: "Johnny Chen is my senior, he went to the United States when he was very young, Chinese relatively conservative, he was afraid to participate in American culture, but he dared. Phill is definitely a guy at the table and sometimes does something drastic for the sake of television, but in private he's definitely a good guy and he has his own way of playing. ”

David Chiu, who owns five gold bracelets, also co-organized the "David Chiu Poker World Training Camp" with Lianzhong Company, which aims to promote Texas Hold'em culture in China, improve the level of poker competition among domestic enthusiasts, and strive to provide the greatest help for Chinese to participate in international competitions. The training camp has been successfully held in October 2011 and April this year, the first batch has 18 students and the second class has 27 people, although the number of people is not much, but they can be called the "elite force" in the field of Texas hold'em in China. Regarding the training results of these two sessions, David Chiu said: "I am basically satisfied, the young people in China are very smart and have great potential. Although he has not fought with students, David Chiu likes his students, he said: "I mainly teach students experience, I like every student, it is really not difficult for them to fight better than me." ”

As a professional player, David Chiu does not recommend young people to become professional players, saying: "Being a professional player only has a two-percent chance of making money, and if it is not handled well, it will affect the family, and the effort will be very large." I still recommend that domestic players play more games, and my promotion is mainly to let young people slowly accept the pain of losing, rather than the joy of winning. ”

Regarding his own characteristics, David Chiu concluded: "Now I obviously feel that I lack physical strength, but I have some experience, relatively rigorous and steady. In a previous report, David Chiu said that the focus is not on the competition, but on the family and children, saying: "One of my two children is now in high school and the other is in junior high school, and I don't want my children to grow up with regrets, and cherish the time with them." Another focus of my work is to promote Texas Hold'em. ”